CERAMICS OF EUROPE WESTERWALDPRIZE 2019
The Westerwald Prize is a competition and exhibition showcasing outstanding ceramics. Since 1973 the Westerwald Administrative District proudly sponsors The Westerwald Prize with its aims to promote dialogue between ceramics and art in the region and cultivate cultural exchange within Europe.
The competition is open to any European national or resident of an Member State of Europe over the age of 18.
The 14th Westerwald Prize 2019 is open for Submissions from the 20.10.2018. Registration is exclusively online.
Click here for the web portal:
The following prizes will be awarded:
1st Prize: 10,000 euros
2nd Prize: 6,000 euros
Student award: 3,000 euros
(with documentation of enrolment for the winter semester 2018/2019 or valid student ID for the school year 2018/2019)
SALTFIRED CERAMICS; THE HÖHR-GRENZHAUSEN MUNICIPAL PRIZE
Saltfired Ceramics Award: 10,000 euros
The Jury 2019:
1. Achim Schwickert, Chief Administrator Officer of the District, D
2. Joerg Johnen, Gallery owner and art collector, D
3. Xavier Toubes, Artist, former professor of ceramics in North Carolina and Chicago,
former Artistic Director European Ceramic Workcentre, The Netherlands, USA
4. Julian Stair, Artist and art historian, UK
5. Dr. Sabine Runde, Art historian and curator of the Museum of Applied Arts, Frankfurt am Main, D
6. Nele van Wieringen, director of the Ceramics Museum Westerwald, D